Request Newsletter

Request a Newsletter at pelicancraftslongbeach@gmail.com

Sunday, August 18, 2024

Sneak Peak - White Forest Digital Kit by Paperomia

SNEAK PEAK    SNEAK PEAK    SNEAK PEAK    SNEAK PEAK    SNEAK PEAK

I have been working the the WHITE FOREST Digital Kit by Paperomia for the last two weeks and have absolutely fallen in love with it.  I wanted to peak your curiosity by giving you a sneak peak of what I have been working on.

I am creating a Junk Journal with a twist.  I have laminated the cover (front side only).

Here is the front/back and inside of the journal cover.

The cover is approximately 10-1/4" x 8-1/4".  

I chose one of the images provided in the kit and printed it on white card stock, turned the paper over and printed lines on the back for journaling.


I measured the right side of the image from where the two images meet to the right edge and cut at 4-7/8" and then cut the left side to match allowing for a 9/16" "spine".  I scored along the line where the two images met (4-7/8" from the right) an 4-7/8" from the left.  I fussy cut the deer from another image included in the kit and glued it to the front along with a short quote, sponged all the edges and creased the cover along the fold lines.

To finish the cover, I cut a 2" strip from another design in the kit, notched it twice to create pockets, sponged the edges and glued it down at the top, the left side, in the middle (thin line) and at the bottom.
The pocket on the back is from another page and is cut 4-1/2" x 3-1/4", notched, sponged and glue along the sides and bottom.  Note that there is plenty of room for journaling on the inside of the cover.

I will be completing three signatures to add to the journal.  Below is a quick peak of the signature covers.
                              
Lines were printed on the back side of each signature.  Fold each signature in half and the fun begins; adding pages and ephemera.

Be sure to come back often as I update and add new items to each signature as well as the cover.  Let me know what you think!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Sneak Peak - White Forest Digital Kit by Paperomia

SNEAK PEAK     SNEAK PEAK    SNEAK PEAK     SNEAK PEAK    SNEAK PEAK I have been working the the WHITE FOREST Digital Kit by Paperomia for t...