Request Newsletter

Request a Newsletter at pelicancraftslongbeach@gmail.com

Sunday, May 12, 2024

Doily Tags by Pat's Craft

I ran across a post on Face Book that gave me a lot of inspiration.  Pat's Craft posted a "how to create" post for making tags using paper doilies.  My creative has never gone in that direction and she inspired me to create paper doily tags.  I was so inspired, I asked Pat if I could post her directions on my blog for my followers to see and to become inspired.

Supplies:  Cardstock of your choice, glue of your choice, images (fussy cut from a magazine, die cuts, printables, etc.), washi tape (optional), scissors, ribbon/string of choice

Directions:

NOTE:  I've added my thoughts in red.

   Cut a strip of cardstock measuring 2-1/2" x 10". (You can cut three strips from one sheet of cardstock.)

   Decorate the sides/edges with washi tape, patterned paper, etc. Score at 5". Fold in half. When folded the cardstock now measures 2-1/2" x 5".

   This is how it looks after folder the strip in half.

   Take a piece of doily (approximately 4-1/2") and fold it "less than half" (see the fold line)? Ink the edges of the doily, if desired.

   Fold is less than half of doily.

   Place the folded doily to the "folded end" of the cardstock.

   Place a very thin layer of glue at the bottom of the doily (or folded edge of cardstock); DO NOT glue the whole doily ... just a line of glue at the bottom will do.


   Stick the doily to the cardstock.

   Open the cardstock ... it will look like this.

   Then, fold in both sides of the doily and glue them down. After that, glue generously on both sides of the cardstock and "close it up".  Burnish with a bone folder to firmly attach.

   The front will now look like this.


   I inked the sides of the doily and the card tag to give it a distressed look.

   I glued my fussy cut ephemeras onto the cardstock, trim off the top edges to give it the "tag look". Punched holes and adhered eyelets to the tags and tied them together with a raffia strip.  You can also add rubberstamped sentiments on the doily.  I did with the "Moments" rubberstamp (or add die cut words/phrases).

These tags are relatively quick and easy to complete and hold soooo much ephemera and are great to share in swaps or happy mail.



Please share your completed "doily tag" in your comment.  We would love to see your creations.  I (Brenda) will post mine as soon as I finish decorating them.  Have fun!









No comments:

Post a Comment

Japan Blossoms Anyone?

I have been busy creating greeting cards using the Japan Blossoms Digital Kit by Paperomia.  Oh, my gosh, can you say beautiful? The images ...