Request Newsletter

Request a Newsletter at pelicancraftslongbeach@gmail.com

Tuesday, August 15, 2023

TECHNIQUE TUESDAY

Technique Tuesday -- How to make Shadows for your Dies

It is fantastic when you purchase a set of dies to match your stamp set and every die you can think of comes with the set.  But, what about those times you wish there was ONE more die.  I may have the solution you are looking for!

Circles are common and come in a variety of sizes for layering. And what a blessing they do.  But what about stand-a-lone flowers or alphabets that only come with the one die?  The answer:  MAKE YOUR OWN.  How?  It really is easy, especially if you like to fussy cut.

I cut the following images out using metal dies on Stampin' Up!s Stampin' Cut & Emboss Machine, Item Number 149653.

I then turned the dies over and laid them down on the card stock I wanted to use for the bottom layer (flat side down), lightly drew around them and cut them out.


Now a whole new world opens up using your dies in more than one way.  Play around, get creative and let me know what you think.  Have a great day!

Brenda

No comments:

Post a Comment

Japan Blossoms Anyone?

I have been busy creating greeting cards using the Japan Blossoms Digital Kit by Paperomia.  Oh, my gosh, can you say beautiful? The images ...